SE ASIA - Day 11 - PHNOM PENH - Free and Easy


It's a free day to be spent at Phnom Penh.
The day started with the free breakfast at 6.30am and they have quite a nice selection of dishes.
The basil chicken was really tasty.

Then I walked around and hoping to get into The Grand Palace when there are not much tourist at 8am.







Ticket to the Grand Palace have increased to USD10. Since you are there ....

ki-chan was there lazing her life.



Spent an hour on Grand Palace and then on the way to Central Market, a close-up shot at the golden pagoda of Wat Ounalom.

This is the Marché Central,




Skewered dried fish and chicken to be BBQed...

The policeman actually sling his rifle with dust cover. Imagine how much time he needs to remove it from the cover to use the rifle ?

Yes, the unavoidable tourist pictures of edible bugs on sale.

Asian donuts,

and then I walked over to one of the most newest advanced shopping mall in Phnom Penh, the Sorya Centre Point. It looks pretty much like our Orchard Centre Point 20 years ago.


The interiors,

the not-to-be-missed Starbucks,


and the assessment of the Cambodian consumer price index(CPI) by observing their alcohol prices,



Finally, found a replacement of my riding shoes, not exactly as protective as my LiNing trecking boots, but it does served the purpose. Bargained from USD29 to USD15.


Tuk Tuk trip back into hotel at USD2.



Into the bin you go, Lining,  you have served me well.

I did not visit the killing fields or genocide museum because I feel that they are really sad place to be at, although I know the story behind. It is not that kind of place I want to make effort to be at.

I have wanted to visit Ho Chi Minh while I was in Phnom Penh involving a 4 hour bus ride.
It wasn't an easy decision, about leaving my bike here in the hands of the hotel guard man where I am no longer staying. I could give him some tip money for looking after it, but there are limited trust I have with this stranger.

At the end of my assessment, the decision was a no-go to Ho Chi Minh. Instead I will ride to Siem Reap and bypass Vietnam, but grant myself another day of rest at Phnom Penh, I really need that. Vietnam can have a whole time-slot to itself when I have the time to explore it slowly after this trip.

Day 12 - Phnom Penh - Free and Easy

Comments

  1. USD1.95 for a soju now that's a bargain... it cost 3 times that in Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cost about 4 times in SG 😁. The Lao whiskey is USD6/700ml, quality comparable to JW red label, avoid the brandy in LAOS at about the same price, they taste like horse pee.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts